Monday, May 11, 2009

The Adventures of Zane





Today, like every other day, has been full of adventure with Zane. He loves to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner outside on our patio table. He loves to be outside, period! This morning he came upstairs to wake me up and crawled into bed to snuggle with me for a little while... before insisting I get up. He pulls on my hand and says, "please," a couple times before I prompt him with, "Mama, come please." He repeats it, so I comply and follow him to the kitchen.

Zane sits on the stool next to the back door and hold out his shoes for me to put on. I ask him if he wants to go outside. He gives me his foot and says, "please." I put his shoes on and watch him skip over to the door with a big grin. He reaches for the handle, but I prompt him again before unlocking the door. 

"Zane, what do you want?"
"Want," he repeats.
"Want what?"
He looks at me, patiently.
"Want," I prompt, "out?"
"Want out please," he says politely.

I unlock the door and laugh as I watch him race over to the tree swing. He sits down and spins around happily, but it doesn't last long. He is up and racing back to the porch where I am standing, watching him. He pulls on my hand saying, "please." 

"Please, what?" We begin again.
"Want, please."
"What do you want, Zane?"
He looks at me for help.
"Want, swing?" I suggest.
"Swing, please," he offers, though he has trouble with the consonants. Often, 'want' sounds like 'et' and 'swing' sounds like 'eng'.

We head over to the big tree and he sits in the swing eagerly. His eyes are full of excitement and anticipation.... we count off:

"Ready? One...Two...Three...Go!"

He squeals with delight and giggles himself silly. It's so cute. He is so much fun!

Later on it is time for a snack... we eat outside and enjoy the nice weather. I leave him outside for a little while and start writing. A little while later, Zane comes into my room  carrying his two animal pillows he sleeps with. He hands them to me and says, "please."

I figured this to mean he wants to get cozy in my bed and before I can help him, Zane has already pulled the covers down and crawled in and reaches for his pillows. He snuggles down and falls fast asleep.

1 comment:

  1. theunassuminglife.blogspot.comMay 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM

    love it carlin! you are such an AMAZING mom! zane is truly blessed to have you! i have so much respect for you and i look forward to many more posts!

    ReplyDelete